Welcome to your community safety website! Established in 2006 as an offshoot of REVAMP (Ampthill) Ltd., the ACSG has spread its wings considerably. We intend to use this website to tell you how we suppport local authorities in their duty to provide a safe living and working environment in our town and larger community.
Please let us know your local safety concerns!
Flitwick Road Closure.
Revised dates for the Closure of Flitwick Road to enable the construction of a Junction for the new Warren Farm Estate and an associated raised road table.
Revised Closure Dates: 24/7 closure from 8pm Friday 21st to 8pm Monday 31st October inclusive.
Location: Between Grange Road and Tavistock Avenue.
Central Beds Council Highways advise that the possibility of keeping the road open is just not possible as the works are taking place in the middle of the road for the most part and involve a new junction and raised table being built, along with blockwork, highways drainage & kerbing.
Diversions will operate.
Station Road Questionnaire
Ampthill Community Safety Group would like to thank everyonewho took part in the above. The results have taken some time to evaluate because of the way the questionnaire was structured.
· The preferred option is for parking restrictions to be introduced at busy school times.
· Removing the southern footpath came second.
· Priory built-outs came third.
· Creating a one way loop around The Crescent came last.
Residents made other suggestions, for example with regard to access and egress from Station Road, traffic calming and doing a survey of how children get to school (walking or by car).
These results are now with Ampthill Town Council for them to take forward to Central Bedfordshire Council. Hopefully a decision will be taken as soon as possible to remedy this potentially dangerous situation for school children walking to and from The Firs and Alameda Schools.
Vice Chairman Ampthill Community Safety Group
To promote community safety within Ampthill in order to improve the quality of life for residents.
- Devise and develop initiatives working in partnership with local authorities, agencies, and organisations
- Set appropriate priorities and targets
- Pursue funding schemes in order to finance projects
- Provide feedback to Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedfordshire Police
- Act as a consultative body for Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedfordshire Police
- Recommend priorities for the Ampthill Local Policing Team and successors in title.
Download ACSG Constitution
Street Watch in Action
John Plummer and Peter Downing in Market Square
Ready for Christmas Lights Switch-On
Site created by Chris Yates